Self-Care Boosts The Health of Mind, Body, Spirit and Quality of Life. Here are 18 self care ideas you can begin to take good care of yourself, so you can keep on being there for the ones you love…
Self Care Ideas For Yourself To Take Care of You
- Take a hot aromatherapy bath at least 3 times each week. This practice promotes relaxation and reduces stress, making you better able to function in your daily life.
- Learn to say No! Prevent burnout and overwhelm by not overextending yourself.
- Treat yourself to a little pampering: visit a spa, get a pedicure or a manicure. You know you’re worth it.
- Meditate. Just a few minutes a day can bring you a sense of inner peace and relaxation. There are many different methods to choose from.
- Exercise. Exercise releases endorphins, which make you feel good. It tones your muscles, increases your circulation, improves your heart health, and can contribute to weight loss.
- Practice gratitude. At the end of every day, write down three (or five, ten or 100) things you feel grateful for. Make sure you experience the feeling of gratitude. Keep a gratitude stone. Hold it in your hand as you think of the thing you feel most grateful for this day.
- Spend time in nature. Nature is a wonderful healer. She calms us down and helps us decompress. It is good to sit by water, feel the breeze on your skin, and enjoy the benefits of sunlight. Nature is good for you.
- Eat healthy. Simply start to eat more vegetables every day. Add in some fresh, organic greens, or some crunchy carrot sticks or celery. Add in seeds and a few nuts, and eat more chicken and fish than red meat. Choose organic.
- Drink enough water every day. There is no hard and fast rule for how much is enough but the experts currently say about nine glasses for women and thirteen glasses for men. That’s a lot! Drinking plenty of water hydrates your skin and helps keep it smooth and supple.
- Sleep well. Try going to bed and getting up at the same time every day, even on the weekends. Drink chamomile tea in the evening. Put a few drops of lavender oil on your pillow.
- Relax. Find a recording that you enjoy and listen to it before falling asleep. Practice “letting go” of stress and irritation when in a line at the grocery store or at a red light.
- Laugh. Find a reason to laugh every single day. Watch funny movies, try to see the funny side of a situation, or practice laughing for no reason at all. Yoga laughter is one way to learn this!
- Get a massage on a regular basis. Touch is important to all human beings and a way to experience feeling loved and supported. The deep relaxation of a massage will help to release toxins from the muscles.
- Do yoga. Yoga has so many benefits: A calm mind and a relaxed body; greater strength and muscle tone; improved flexibility and tranquility.
- Forgive yourself and others. Forgiveness is a practice, which benefits you and your mental health as much as it benefits the one who is forgiven. Practice daily and above all, forgive yourself.
- Think positive. As you reap so shall you sow. The Law of Attraction states that what you put out comes back to you. So keep your thoughts loving and optimistic. Change negative thinking as you become aware of it.
- Read a novel. Fiction is a great way to escape into another world. It can stimulate ideas, give you new perspective, and offer you food for thought.
- Aim for balance. Another challenge is to aim for balance in all areas of your life: Work, play, social life and romance, friendships, finances, leisure, downtime and health.
You are going to need to start taking care of YOU, and putting your own needs first. Make sure that you incorporate some of these self care ideas into your daily life. For more self care ideas, Join our 10-Day Self-Care Challenge!