What better way to relax than sit back and let someone pamper you? Heading to a local nail salon for a manicure and pedicure can be the perfect way to relax for a few hours. If you really want to maximize the relaxation benefits, leave your tech at home (or the very least, in your car) and instead bring a book or magazine and dive into that during your pedi.
What to expect from a professional mani and pedi:
- Trained individuals – they went through schooling to learn how to properly provide manicure and pedicure services.
- Licensed – just as the manicurist & pedicurist are trained, the salon must be licensed. This ensures they are following proper procedures to keep their tools clean and disinfected/sterilized.
- Nail trimming – a good manicurist or pedicurist will ask if you would like to have your fingernails/toenails trimmed. It’s up to you whether you want this service done or not.
- Gentle massage – for a manicure, most manicurists will provide a light hand massage; for a pedicure, you’ll get a light massage on your feet and up your calves.
- Polish – and of course there’s the polish application. You’ll have lots of variety to choose from at a salon and there is also the popular French Manicure option too.
As a side note, some salons will have different pedicure options to choose from. Aside from the basic, they may offer a spa pedicure, stone pedicure, or other specialty ones. Depending on what each one offers, the price will vary depending on the extra pampering you’ll receive.